|Full-day preschool is a school readiness partnership between
ESC Region 19 Head Start and area school districts.
ESC Region 19 Head Start offers the opportunity for 4-year-olds to attend full-day preschool. Young students spend half the day in their Head Start classrooms and the other half of the day in a partnering elementary school. Bus transportation is offered. Parents can obtain information about the full-day preschool program from Head Start Site Managers and Assistant Site Managers.
The benefits of full-day preschool include:
• Full day educational instruction for 4 year old children
• Improvement in early literacy, language, mathematics and social development skills
• Educational assessment for school readiness
• Health services: physical and dental exams
• Research-based curriculum and instruction
• Services for children with special needs/behavioral needs
• No childcare costs for working parents
For enrollment information please call 790-4600.